From 25 years of Z Film Studios to the all new VECTAR Project. The 1st film studio and post production facility in the UK dedicated to completely Carbon Neutral film production by the end of 2020
sINGLE USE PLASTIC FREE ZONE
led film Lighting
sOLAR pOWERED STUDIO
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Here at The VECTAR Project, we are devoted to sustainable film production and are working hard to create new means of reducing our carbon footprint. We educate our visitors on environmental sustainability and encourage them to take away renewable processes to other departments in the industry. Local businesses visit our onsite café where we share knowledge about our green production methods in the hope it will inspire the wider community to think about their environmental impact. We aim to be completely carbon neutral by the end of 2020 and we actively encourage our clients to have the same goal.
This is not a competition; in this fight against climate change, we are a team.
If you are interested in green production, check out the information below about how VECTAR could help get your project made cheaply and sustainably.
The film industry has produced the most path-breaking films that expose man’s destruction of the planet, yet in our own backyard, we remain one of the most wasteful industries guilty of committing the very crimes the films reveal.
In setting up the VECTAR Project, extensive research has been carried out to provide workable solutions and options to every aspect of filming to help efforts to stop climate change.
Phase 1 (complete)
- Tungsten lighting replaced by New LED Film Lighting – 85-90% reduction on consumption with a noticeable improvement in lighting ranges
- Solar panels have sufficient output to power all of the studios LED lighting
- When necessary, additional requirements sourced from green energy providers
- Paperless production systems throughout from casting, on set and post – paper-free zone
- Gigabit lines have been installed making high-speed DIT achievable saving local data storage and time
- More plant-based craft services, where possible locally sourced
- Strict recycling of sets and food waste